Saturday, June 2, 2012

Saturday June 2nd Ride

It is said if you don't like the weather in Oklahoma just wait a while and it will change. Well it sure happened that way this weekend. We left out on Friday evening around 5pm Keith put on his thin long sleeved shirt, but me being the tough "B" just had on my t-shirt. Well let me tell you by the time we got to OKC, I was chilled. I kept thinking I that I need to stop and grab a jacket, then I would say no it's OK I can make it. We met the FNDR group and had a wonderful meal and lots of fellowship. When we got ready to head for home I put on my sweatshirt, jacket, gloves and I was wishing for chaps since it was 56 degrees. As we traveled the 79 miles home it got warmer, it was 66 degrees when we got Duncan.
 We woke up Saturday morning to a cool 61 degrees, got ready and left at 10 am going back to OKC. We had our friends Carla and Larry with us.

We were followed by Mom and Dad in a cage (that is motorcycle lingo for car). We invited Diane and Chuck to meet us in OKC at a little burger joint.  Our kids have been telling us about this place with these amazing burgers and fries so we decided to give it a try. We love to ride and what is better than riding to eat with friends.

The S&B Burger Joint has a wide variety of specialty burgers in two sizes slider and regular. Keith and I got 3 sliders ( the Elvis, El Mexicano and Smokin Okie). They were all amazing. I was a little leery of the Elvis since  it had peanut butter and bacon on it  but everyone that talked about the place said it was great so I thought, OK I'll go for it.


 And if that wasn't enough we just had to try the Thanksgiving Fries.

 Amazing!!!

After a great lunch we got on the bikes and headed to POPs. It is a really neat place with about a million different kinds of soda's.
All of the ladies got a different soda so when I got to the checkout I was amazed that mom and I had picked out the same brand but a different flavor. I got Capone's Root Beer and she got Capone's Ginger Beer.
Since the Round Barn was 1/2 mile away and some of our group had never stopped to see it, so we decided to go look A Round.

If you look close you can see us in the windows.
The round barn is really amazing if you think of the tools they had back in 1898. In the 1920's Route 66 was built next to the Round Barn and it became the most photographed landmark on Route 66.
As we were driving Chuck noticed Larry had no brake lights part of the time, so since Fort Thunder had just worked on his brakes yesterday it was back to the Fort.  We made it through the city traffic with no problems and soon his bike was in the back being worked on. Mom and Dad and Diane and Chuck all decided to head home.
It wasn't long and Larry's bike was fixed and we headed home. BUT WAIT.....Where is Carla????
Oh yeah, she rode home with Mom and Dad since we weren't sure how long it would take to get their bike fixed. (by the way does Larry's bike have a name?)
It was a great day. Great friends, good food, and good weather.
View from the Back


Until next time.

3 comments:

Diane Higdon said...

We enjoyed the day too. I think you have brought up a very good question....does Larry's bike have a name...and by the way...what's your bikes name. Of course you know ours is Ginger!!!! See you Friday. :)

No back said...

Yes ours is named Bella.

Linda Gowan said...

This is so different from Diane or me, It just fills in all the holes for the day. I loved it.