Thursday, May 31, 2012

Memorial Day 2012

I was asked this weekend by a person from another country what is Memorial Day and what do we do to celebrate. I told them the day is to remember all the soldiers that have died to keep us free.  I would like to thank all the soldiers and their families for the sacrifices that they make so we can be free.

Memorial Day we lazed around until after lunch then decided to go to OKC. It was a beautiful day.

 We have driven this road a thousand times so I decided to take the book I was finishing up. Since it  was getting hot and very humid we decided to stop and get a soda. Since I am the "B" on back I get to drink and read.

I finished my book so I started taking random pictures. Isn't it neat how Keith's helmet reflects the clouds.
We had a great day. Stopped at the harley shop, went to see our son at work, then decided to grab a bite of dinner. When we finished dinner and were going to start home we decided to look at the weather ap on my phone. Thank God for smart phones. There were storms in the south of the state. They were building up fast. I just knew we were going to get wet.
We decided to make a run for home (79 short miles) and just keep an eye on the weather. When we got about 14 miles from Duncan we stopped to put on our rain jackets. It wasn't raining yet but...it wasn't looking good.
I just knew we were going to get soaked. I said a quick prayer God please let us get home before the hail starts.
We pulled in the driveway. Jumped off the bike. Got the bike under the carport. The hail started. God is so good. The hail just lasted a couple of minutes then this beautiful show appeared in the sky.


view from the back
Until next time





2 comments:

Diane Higdon said...

Sure would have like to had you guys follow us to Santa Fe. Was a great trip. Working on my blog right now. We too beat the weather on Monday. So glad you guys got home before the hail hit. Not fun on a bike. See you soon.

Diane Higdon said...

So glad the weather waited for you guys to get home before it started acting up.