Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Afternoon Ride

I know, I know another blog! We rode all weekend so I have to tell you my stories for Sunday afternoon. Keith had to go to Lawton to look at some pipe he was going to bid on. We decided to ride Bella, eat and look at the pipe. As we were riding to Lawton I noticed dead trees, there would be a stand of trees and in the middle a dead tree.
I guess it is because of the hard winter and summer of last year. It is just sort of weird.
We decided to go to Medicine Park for lunch. When we got to Medicine Park, there were hundreds of bikes, not motorcycles, bicycles. The FreeWheel Oklahoma was coming through. They ride from Texas to Kansas through Oklahoma. I thought we were crazy, but we are not. We had 2 different people ask if we wanted to swap bikes. I had to tell them no because there was no place for me on their bike.
Medicine Park is a really neat little town that is working hard to get more people to come and visit. We put our name in at the Riverside Cafe, then went on a walk by the river.
When we got back to the cafe we met some very interesting people. One lady from Louisiana was telling us her mama didn't like the fact that she went on these long bike rides and slept in a tent. The lady we were talking to was older than me. Her friend had these really neat sleeves that keep the sun off and wick away the moisture to keep you cool. I found out the brand name and am going to check into getting some for us. We also met a man and his son that looked really tired. You could tell from looking they had at least one wreck. Their legs and arms were all skinned up.
Not a very long ride today but it was relaxing. And of course the food was good!

View from the Back


Until next time.


1 comment:

Diane Higdon said...

You will have to share with the Moles the name of the sleeves. I for one am very interested. Glad you had a great day. Love Riverside :)