Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day 2012

Father's Day started out wonderfully breakfast with Dad and Mom
















And baby brother
What is better than a Spanish omelet, hash browns, biscuit and gravy. It is the tradition in our family for me to take my parents out for breakfast on Fathers and Mothers day. That way we are free to have lunch with Keith's parents. This year Keith's brother and sister in law came on Saturday to celebrate Father's day, so we were free for lunch as well. I think the Golden Corral is the favorite place to eat for all dad's over the age of 70. So we got to go on Saturday as well as Sunday.
If I can get mushy for a minute and I guess I can, since this is my blog. I have the best Dad in the world. He raised me in a loving Christian home. I always knew he loved me no matter what I did. When he worked 30 on and 30 off, he would take us out of school for a day to spend just with him on his days off.  He is such a giving person that it is sometimes hard to give to him. He loves to laugh and we always have a great time when we are together. It is even fun to sit and watch (sleep) through a movie. I love you Dad!

After lunch we went back to Dad's house to look for my brother's saddle bags for his bike.We found them but trying to get them on with the wrong key took all 3 guys.

And come to find out the keys were at Dave's house.
















Since it was Father's day what better way for Keith to spend the afternoon than riding. We decided to follow my brother and his room mate part of the way home.
Oklahoma has wonderful oilfield roads and Keith has a story for all of the ghost towns we passed. We went out baseline road and came to stinky corner. It is where they put the stink in the natural gas.
                             We next drove past Hat Top. 



Claud School







     Tussy ( a ghost town)












Pernell Post Office









When we got to Elmore City it was time for a gas stop. As we were driving into the station, we saw a big lightning strike in the east. My brother was headed east, so we decided to say goodbye so we could all get home before we got wet. Keith and I headed west, when we turned south at Marlow we noticed the dark clouds. I thought I was going to get wet, but once again we made in home just in the nick of time.
Spending time with family and friends and riding what could be better.

view from the back





Until next time.

1 comment:

Diane Higdon said...

So great to have family. My dad has been gone for 26 yrs...miss him often....but on the good side, I have a wonderful step-dad. I am blessed. Glad you were able to spend the day with all of them.
Not sure how you keep dodging the raindrops, but keep it up. :)