Friday, June 13, 2014

Smokin Joes in Rush Springs???



This week we heard that Smokin Joes opened a restaurant in Rush Springs. So we decided it might be worth a try. We were sitting at the Sonic for half priced shakes after 8, with Larry and Carla when we decided to give it a try. Let's go Friday night.
I texted our friends in Duncan, then thought the OKC gang might like to join is. It's a bit of a drive for them but the weather has been perfect for riding. 
When we got ready to leave Duncan there were 10 people and 13 were coming from the OKC area. Doug told me his son had stopped by there this afternoon and they had no water. They were waiting on a part to fix it. Larry had heard the place would seat 50. At this point I started to panic!!! I did the what ifs, What if there is no water? What if no one can use the bathroom? What if they run out of food? What if they are very busy? What if there aren't enough seats for every one to sit? 
The Duncan group arrived first. We decided to go check out the place. It is pretty busy and I panic again! Oh My! I hope we can all find a seat. Then I take a breath and remember the sign I have seen at Mutt's Amazing Hot Dogs, "place your order we promise you will have a seat by the time your food arrives" so we do just that. I sort of become the hostess/seat finder. I watched to see where people were getting up and helped our gang and the other patrons find seats.  We were all over the restaurant but we all had a seat.






I saw ribs, brisket, rib eye, okra, Texas toast and lots of it. The food is as good as the Smokin Joes in Davis. Before we go outside to take pictures I need to make a pit stop and wash my hands, since I ate ribs. The bathroom is decorated so cute and the sink is amazing. 

When we were out taking pictures someone suggested we go to Chickasha to the Dairy Queen for dessert. I might be ready for dessert by then.  


Mom and Dad had followed us in the car so they decided to head back to Duncan, no telling how late the crazy kids will stay out.  
We head up Highway 81 to Chickasha. Next thing I know here come Chuck and Diane zooming past all the bikes. I told Keith I bet Diane is going to take pictures as we pass them. So as we passed them we waved for the picture.  




 

 

Larry led the pack to Chickasha. It wasn't long until we were eating dip cones, dilly bars, and waffle bowls. There was more laughing, and joking. We always have such a great time with this group of people. Also this night all the guys had to look over Doug's new bike. It is one of the new 2014's. Guys can look for hours, just look at bikes.  

All too soon it was time to say see ya next time.  


view from the back
 





No comments: