Friday, April 4, 2014

Food Truck Festival


I am a big food truck food lover. So when I saw in the Thunder Roads magazine that Fort Thunder was having a food truck festival for one of their bike nights I told Keith we had to go. We ask our little gang Carla and Larry, Karen and Shane if they want to go with us.  Shane is just getting over a cold and Karen is going to go and see their daughter, but Larry and Carla can go with us.  I am so excited, I follow a few of these trucks on Facebook, that way if we are in OKC we can go and eat their food if they are out. So Friday night April 4th we take off to Fort Thunder in Moore.

We arrive and the parking lot is Full of Food Trucks and bikes!  I wanted to just start eating immediately but Keith is very methodical, we must walk by and look at all the options before making our decision. We see hot dogs, fried fish, Cajun, barbecue, egg rolls, Italian, and German. 
I follow "Taste of Soul" so we decided to start with an egg roll. I tell them I follow them on Facebook so they give us a free side of fried rice.  
Oops! I forgot to take a picture before I started eating.  
I went to get Keith a soda from one of the vendors it wasn't really a truck more of a push cart. 
It was called Franks Wurst. He had hot dogs and wurst with different toppings and sauces, Oh and soda, that is why I went there in the first place. I just had to try a wurst with honey mustard mayo and grilled onions. It was very tasty the honey mayo was sweet and so were the onions. 
By the time I got back with this Carla, Larry and his brother and sister in law had gotten their meals. They got fish,shrimp and fries. Keith thought it looked real good so off I go again to get him some fish and fries. 
I had to wait a bit because they made each order fresh.  Now I thought I needed some beans and rice from the Cajun truck 

Just a very small order, I want to try ALL the food. 
On the way back to the table I got sidetracked by the German truck. They have German and barbecue. 
They had German sausage and smoked meat. I chose the French fries loaded with pulled pork, onions, sour cream and cheese. 
I know it sounds like I ate an enormous amount of food but it really wasn't that much. I got small portions and I did share with Keith.  I think our friends think I am crazy but I do love food trucks, you have to try all the food. It is almost time to go home, I don't know about anyone else but I have a very satisfied tummy.
View from the back!


No comments: