Friday, April 11, 2014

Crazy mixed up Friday night ride.



This week was a mixed up ride. I got the e-mail that the gang is going to Baluu's in OKC. I love that place I especially like, not sure what it is called, but it is like a make your own spring roll. You get rice paper,veggies,meat, and hot water to soften the rice paper. I immediately emailed back that we would be coming.  Little did I know Keith had made other plans.
While we were at church on Wednesday night Keith talked to Shane and invited him to ride with us to OKC to eat at "On the Border", sit outside and watch the Hot Rods cruise up and down during the Street Rod Nationals.
We get a phone call from Shane on Thursday night, he can't go he has taken the taillights off his bike and is having problems getting them back on, but Larry and Carla are in. 
I send a text to Diane "oops! Keith made plans and didn't let me know. We won't be at Baluu's tonight"
We are ready to roll about 5:30 on Friday evening.  
The weather is perfect. We get to Chickasha and there are some bails of hay in a field beside the interstate. They look like Huge caterpillars 
A little farther down the road and we see the most beautiful redbud trees, there are pastures full of them.  
            

     
These pictures don't really show the beauty of the trees.  I get wonderful views from the back. 
As we are driving up Meridian we see people with lawn chairs on the side of the road watching for cars. "On the Border" is on the corner of Meridian and Reno. The cars cruise north on Meridian and east on Reno. The restaurant is perfect! We ask for a table outside and have to wait a bit for them to clear one off. When they get it ready it is the best seat in the house, right on the corner so we can see ALL the  cars as they turn the corner.  

As we are I eating I get a Facebook alert on my phone. The gang is going to Taco Cabana after their meal at Baluu's, so they can watch the cars cruise.  I have the most wonderful app on my phone it is Find Friends. As we are getting ready to leave I use it to see if the gang is there yet, Yep they are.
We drive a couple of blocks and surprise them.   While we are there I get Chuck the cell phone guru to sync my new phone with my blue tooth head set on my helmet. Now I can talk as we drive down the road. 
All to soon it is time to say about goodbyes, we have a little over an hours drive home. 
view from the back


Until next time!


No comments: