Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year's Day Ride

I hope to do a better job this year of journaling our rides No! I am going to do a better job. Our friends from OKC have a tradition of riding to the state capital on New Years Day and taking pictures in front of the capital building.. When we were invited to go I said as long as the temperature is above 30 at 9am. The time we would need to leave to make it to the meeting place by 11am. A few days later I get a text: If we moved the meeting time would it be easier for you guys to make it. I replied yes if we could move it back an hour it would be warmer. The decision was made to meet at noon. Yeah we will make it.
We haven't ridden much since it got real cold so we forget how long it takes to put on all the layers. But around 10:30 we are bundled up and hitting the road.
We have a nice ride. It is sunny and I think cool but one of my friends on Facebook commented on my picture "That's a bit Warm!" By the time we get to OKC I'm feeling the cold. It is not real bad I have been lots colder.
We meet up with the group, give lots of hugs because we haven't seen them in a couple of months, and head out for the capital building.
Do we look like a rowdy bunch?? Someone thought so because we had only been there a couple of minutes when a highway patrol office showed up to watch us.
We all had our individual pictures taken.
 Then we headed back to Bricktown to eat lunch. We had a great meal at Abuello's. Then decided to head home before the cold front hits.
                                                                                                                                                                                                        


We got home around 4:15 and the cold front blew in around 5. This was a wonderful start to what will be a great year. 
  
view from the back   



 

1 comment:

Diane Higdon said...

So glad you were able to make the ride. I look forward to your New Years Day ride every year. The pictures are so neat to look at in later years. The sky is always so blue! Thanks for joining us. Looking forward to lots of bugs on the bikes this year. :)