Monday, January 20, 2014

January 19th ride

Well I guess we didn't scare them off. Since it was going to be another warmish day we decided to ride. We met at the usual place. We say Tractor Supply but we mean the gas station by Tractor Supply.

Once again the wind is out of the south (but not nearly as strong as last week) so we decided to drive north again to Rush Springs go west to Sterling, Elgin, Porter Hill, Meers, Cache then to Lawton. So off we go it is warm but not quite as warm as last Sunday afternoon.
The closer we got to Porter Hill  you could see Mount Scott in the distance. I know if you have been to or live in Colorado, Mount Scott isn't big at all, but here in Oklahoma it is a Mountain.

We drove past Meers and through the Wildlife Refuge to Cache. As we were driving through the tiny town of Cache we saw a Chisholm Corner, I thought they were only on every corner in Duncan.  We finally made it to our destination Texas Road House. We had talked earlier in the day and decided a steak sounded good, they have good steaks, peanuts to snack on and rolls with cinnamon butter. Yum Yum
The steaks, chicken and fish were wonderful, the waitress was a good sport when our guys were giving her a hard time. All too soon it was time to head home, we were not going to make it home by dark. Sunset was at 5:49 and it was 5:49. I had thought it might get dark before we got home so I brought a sweatshirt and my chaps. The others with us won't make the mistake of not packing theirs again. It was cool riding home but we only had about 45 minutes to get home. As we were driving home on Hwy 7 I asked my driver how many miles from home and I got a count down as we passed each mile getting closer to home. That really made the time pass fast and I forgot I was getting cold.
I'm just wondering if we will be as lucky next weekend with the weather, time will tell.

View from the Back. The sunset was beautiful in the mirror.




No comments: