Thursday, August 7, 2014

Sturgis Day 1

I have been looking forward to this trip since January. Going to Sturgis is on my bucket list and it is finally going to happen.
We arrive at the meeting place just a couple of minutes late, they are waiting on us.
Larry and Carla don't match!!! Come to find out those are their throw away shirts, when they take a long trip the first couple of days they wear shirts they can throw away. That makes room for the new ones they will buy.

We head out to El Reno to meet up with rest of the gang. We arrive at Love's and get gas and a drink. Here come the rest of the group. 
Let's get this party started.


This was our order for riding the whole trip. Our fearless leaders Chuck & Diane, Chris & Dianna, Larry & Carla, Doreen, Allen, Keith & I, and bringing up the rear Doug & Twanna.
We are driving along making good time when we have to stop in the middle of the road because a train is crossing the road.

After a wonderful salad lunch at K-Bob's we start to leave Woodward and what happens? A Train!!!


Who would have thought we would be stopped by 2 trains in 1 day!
As we are getting close to the Kansas border I tell Keith to be on the look out for the Kansas state sign so I could get a picture as we cross the border. I had teasingly asked Chuck if he would stop at all the state lines so I could get a picture. And you know what....He did! He stopped! He is such a sweet guy! 

Thank you Chuck so much for stopping.

A little way down the road we see Dorothy's house from the Wizard of Oz, at least it looked like it.

Doesn't it look like the house from the Wizard of Oz!
As we approach the town of Lienbenthal KS we see the most interesting fence posts. They are made out of rock from a quarry.
There were also a bunch of houses and church's made out of this same stone. I just love the things I see from the back of the bike.
Soon we arrive at our stop for the nig,ht, Hays KS. Doug has a friend who suggested we eat at Gella's Diner & LB Brewing Co. I had looked .up the address on line so Keith was elected to lead. We only made one wrong turn of course no one knew but Keith and I. The menu had a good variety of food and since it is a micro brewery, beer.



I was not a fan of the darker beer but I really liked the Lemon Ale. Doreen liked the darker beer so we made sure she had enough.
Back to the motel we have an early start.

No comments: